[Asterisk-Users] Extension Mobility (roaming) Cisco 7960

Sascha Ferley Sascha.Ferley at infineon.net
Sat Sep 24 22:46:23 MST 2005

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to setup with Asterisk a Cisco 7960 to use
extension mobility / roaming.

Meaning that a user logs into a phone and his profile moves with him / her.

I have a network of ~75 Cisco 7960 phones, running SIP 7.5 distributed
across 2 asterisk servers in 2 cities. I would like to enable the users to
have the capability to move from one phone to another one with the extension
moving with them.

Also have the capability that when a user uses a soft phone like Eyebeam,
they don't need to have 2 extensions setup with a ring group in order for it
to work.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make this work?

Please let me know

Thanks

Sascha