[Asterisk-Users] delay SIP answer

Mark Willis markslists at marky.nu
Fri Sep 23 21:18:13 MST 2005

Suppose I had a SIP FXO that sent the 200 OK immediately after dialling,
and no way to do call progress. But I need to not send answer
supervision to my carriers until the call is really answered. Short of
detecting "hello, hello" the best way to handle it seems to be to delay
the answer supervision for about 20 seconds and rely on early media
should the call be answered before then.

So, is there a way with asterisk to delay sending the answer back to my
carrier? i.e, the 200 OK comes in from the FXO but I "queue" it for 20
seconds before sending it onward. Any ideas?

Mark