[Asterisk-Users] CallerID issue

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Sep 23 13:41:00 MST 2005

> I'm having trouble with callerid on outgoing calls.  The recipient of
> the call only sees "unknown" rather than the number I'm specifying.
>
> If I set callerid info when calling an internal extension then I see the
> callerid name and number when I call that extension.
> I did that thusly:
>
>         exten => 101,1,Set(CALLERID(number)=1112223333)
>         exten => 101,2,Set(CALLERID(name)=fiznucked)
>         exten => 101,3,Dial(SIP/officeata1,20,tr)
>
> that works.  But the callerid doesn't work when I try to call out
> through teliax.
>
>         exten => _1XXXXXXXXXX,1,Set(CALLERID(number)=1112223333)
>         exten =>
> _1XXXXXXXXXX,2,DIAL(IAX2//username/@teliax/${EXTEN},30,tr)
>
> I've been calling my cell phone from one of the SIP phones, and I do
> receive the call on the cell, but all I see for the caller id is
> "unknown".  Teliax tells me that they are not setting any callerid
> information so I should be free to set it to whatever I want.  They also
> suggested that the problem might be with the cell phone provider.

That's kind of odd. Log into your accout at teliax.com and there is
a page where 'you' specify the callerid string for both sip and iax.
Its their web page, not mine, but that works for me.

Their web page is sort of odd as you have to click on SIP or IAX before
entering the callerid string, but the page doesn't hint that you're
supposed to do that.