[Asterisk-Users] CallerID issue

Adam Moffett adam at plexicomm.net
Fri Sep 23 12:39:23 MST 2005

>> This is with asterisk 1.2 Beta1.  Is there a known callerid issue
>> with the beta?  Has anyone experienced something like this before?
>>

> For me, caller-id is pretty much broken on outgoing from our PRI.  I'm
> planning on reverting to 1.09 this weekend to see if it comes back.

Well I just compiled from CVS HEAD and have the same issue.  I'm sure if
callerid didn't work in CVS people would have noticed by now, so I must
be doing something wrong.  Or maybe teliax is mistaken.  Anyone care to
hazard a guess?

Again, all I'm doing is "Set(CALLERID(number)=/thenumber/)" before
invoking the dial application.  It works from one SIP device to another
on the same asterisk box, but people I'm calling through the IAX
connection to teliax are getting "unknown" rather than the number.