[Asterisk-Users] Weird Over Lapping Asterisk Calls via SIP Phones

asterisk at emptyhole.net asterisk at emptyhole.net
Wed Sep 21 10:11:12 MST 2005

I am trying to create an IVR system that uses both POTS and IP phones
and I have a few problems that I encountered with the IP SIP phones
(Grandstream Budge Tone 102).

1. When a user hits the hook fast enough, the user can create multiple
IVR connections that gives the appearance of an echo that is phased a
few seconds apart. The way to reproduce this is by hitting the hook
fast and furious. The telltale sign of multiple connections is when you
get an echo from the IVR and or static caused by the multiple
prompting. What could be causing this and how do I solve this. Here is
the SIP config.

2. Poor audio quality over VPN broadband and direct Full T1. The audio
recordings (in uncompress WAV format) that comes out at the IVR end is
either muddled, static, or contains gaps. This occurs on both broadband
and T1. What can be done to improve the audio recordings so they are
audible.

3. How do I set up QOS on a broadband VPN when I do not control the
bandwidth of the Internet?