[Asterisk-Users] Is there a clever way to page a group of extensions?

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 20:41:59 MST 2005

> I want to be able to dial a 'pager' extension from an phone on my
> asterisk server, and have it ring all other extensions *except* the
> extension from which I am calling

Sure. Fair enough.

1) Define a list of all phones
2) Build a dial string by going through the list of all phones and add
all phones except the one you are calling from (say by account code or
caller ID).
3) Pass built dial string to Dial()

No need for separate contexts or anything like that. Hint: use the Cut command.

If you can't get it work, I can post an example...

--Luki