[Asterisk-Users] Is there a clever way to page a group of extensions?

Patrick Lidstone (Personal e-mail) patrick at lidstone.net
Tue Sep 20 04:05:36 MST 2005

I want to be able to dial a 'pager' extension from an phone on my
asterisk server, and have it ring all other extensions *except* the
extension from which I am calling (because call waiting is enabled on
most extensions by default) - effectively giving me the ability to
page all other extensions from any phone. The solutions I've come up
with so far (individual contexts for each extension or customised
dial strings for each extensions) are pretty gruesome. Is there a
neat way of achieving this functionality?

Thanks
Patrick