[Asterisk-Users] Re: HooDaHek 0.6 Released

Nathan Pralle tarsi at binhost.com
Tue Sep 20 12:56:19 MST 2005

Steven wrote:
> I did find this other option
> http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20050309.013714.2d1bf446.en.html , but I
> do not really want to imbed this info in the asterisk database if I can have
> it external. (note: this other option did work when tested)

Yeah, I tried that when I first started this project.  Then I decided
that I wanted something that had the ability to grown beyond that simple
format, and an external AGI script setup seemed the best.  I now have
plans for the database to extend beyond simply holding numbers and
names, but to holding addresses, contact information, and more
importantly, to holding information about what Asterisk should DO with
the call -- send it to voicemail, send it to a torture script, etc --
without having to write the dialplan for it.

Nathan