[Asterisk-Users] RxFax/TxFax - Compile Problem

José Pablo Ezequiel Fernández pablo.fernandez at reliable.com.ar
Tue Sep 20 11:17:29 MST 2005

On Tuesday 20 September 2005 15:10, Alexander Lopez wrote:
> I have used the pre20 package, with the latest CVS-head. COmpile goes
> cleanly, NO ERRORS.
>
> then I get this when I try to load asterisk -cvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
>
> [app_rxfax.so]Sep 20 14:00:23 WARNING[5924]: loader.c:325
> __load_resource: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_rxfax.so: undefined
> symbol: fax_set_phase_d_handler
> Sep 20 14:00:23 WARNING[5924]: loader.c:554 load_modules: Loading module
> app_rxfax.so failed!
>
> No matter what I do it compiles clean but errors out with undefined
> symbol errors.
>

> Does anyone have a clue on this????

I had this problem too but I can remember exactly what triggered it or how I
solved, I can say that with CVS HEAD and spands 0.0.2pre20 and the tx/rxfax
that goes with it, everything worked.
What version of spandsp are you using ?
Did you install more than one version ? how did you installed them ?
What version of the apps are you using ? are you sure you patched the Makefile
correctly (and you are not using an old version, that happened to me) ?
I have documented what I did to get fax working on
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=app_rxfax%20and%20app_txfax and
most of the pages in the "see also" section. Be sure to check the comments,
since I posted some important info there.

Hope it helps.

--
José Pablo Ezequiel Fernández