[Asterisk-Users] Re: SMS using a PRI channel

Stefan Tichy asterisk at pi4tel.de
Tue Sep 20 10:17:09 MST 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 04:53:54PM +0200, Roger Schreiter wrote:

> I have some experience in sending SMSs using smsclient.
> I call the german Vodafone SMSC (01722278020),
> and smsclient takes approx 20 secs to send a SMS.
> The hardware is an Sedlbauer ISDN card.

smsclient seems to be similar to yaps.

http://www.smsclient.org
http://freshmeat.net/projects/yaps/

> Now, I want to do the same using asterisk and a digium PRI card.

It is different. Asterisk sms application is designed for a protocol
described in ETSI ES 201 912. (German: Festnetz SMS)

> I dialed using the manager with:
>
> action: originate
> channel: Zap/g4/01722278020
>
> I assumed, the call will fail, because the remote end will become
> signalled a voice call, and imho the SMSC wouldn't answer a voice
> call, but expects data calls.

It is a voice call and it has to be a voice call. FSK (Frequency
Shift Keying) is used for modulation.

> Did anybody try sending SMS to german Vodafone or other
> SMSC mentioned in the smsclient package?

Send the SMS using Telekom 0193010 gateway.

--
Stefan Tichy   <asterisk at pi4tel.de>