[Asterisk-Users] SMS using a PRI channel

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Wed Sep 14 07:53:54 MST 2005

Hi,

I have some experience in sending SMSs using smsclient.
I call the german Vodafone SMSC (01722278020),
and smsclient takes approx 20 secs to send a SMS.
The hardware is an Sedlbauer ISDN card.

Now, I want to do the same using asterisk and a digium PRI card.

I dialed using the manager with:

action: originate
channel: Zap/g4/01722278020

I assumed, the call will fail, because the remote end will become
signalled a voice call, and imho the SMSC wouldn't answer a voice
call, but expects data calls.

Well, originating succeeded, and the respective context in
the dialplan was accessed:

-- Executing SMS("Zap/94-1", "me||mycellnr|Test") in new stack
-- Executing NoOp("Zap/94-1", "Done") in new stack

The application SMS returned without error, but returned
immedeately (much less than 1 sec.).
Of course, no SMS was sent.

How can I debug this?
How can I force Zap to data mode. The d option seem to be
something different.
Did anybody try sending SMS to german Vodafone or other
SMSC mentioned in the smsclient package?

Thanks for hints!
Roger.