[Asterisk-Users] i4l ring indication problem, again...

Massimo Frisoni friso at ittweb.net
Tue Sep 20 04:11:48 MST 2005

I 'm experiencing the same problem and another worst than ring
indicator, because i'm unable to call some numbers with automatic
response system. Calling these numbers with I4L  gets always busy. If
you call with a cell phone, for example, the same number is free.
I googled and asked on several mailing lists for weeks, and the
conclusion of my search is that I4L is not to take into consideration
for voice.

It's seem this is caused by the way I4L manage signalling. It discards
everything before a CONNECT state, so you loose ring indicator and you
hear nothing from automatic response system than answers without sending
the CONNECT signalling.

I think me and you have no way to solve this problem using I4L.
Please let me know if you find a solution, i'll do the same, but i'm
moving to CAPI............

--
Massimo Frisoni