[Asterisk-Users] i4l ring indication problem, again...

Omadon omadon at globalnet.hr
Mon Sep 19 09:30:13 MST 2005

I can't find solution anywhere. I googled and find people with the same
problem but there was no answers on how to fix this.

I have W6692 based PCI cards that uses hisax driver (card type=36).
Card is working fine under asterisk with i4l modem driver for incoming
calls. If I want to dial out using some sip phone I don't get ring
indication. Phone is ringing and I hear only silence until someone
answers the phone. Using r in Dial command kind of fixes this problem
but not completely. Example: I call someone on mobile phone and he is busy,
I want get busy right away, first i will hear ringing (until calls reach
mobile phone) and then i get busy. This confuses people allot.

So my question is how to get ring indication on i4l. I tried different
i4l cards, some of them where usb and all have the same ring indication
problem.

And yes I have /etc/asterisk/indications.conf, I tried to change countries
but it didn't help.

Please don't tell me to try CAPI or bristuff, I know they work but I want
to make this work (this small usb isdn is very cool)

Is there anybody that has a working configuration for i4l that doesn't
have ring indication problem (I'm using 2.4.29 kernel).

Thanks