[Asterisk-Users] Re: Welcome to the "Asterisk-Users" mailing list

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Mon Sep 19 22:53:03 MST 2005

On Tue, September 20, 2005 2:10, chuck gelm said:
<SNIP>
> What is the URL of the "list archive"?
As listed at the bottom of each email on the list:

You can also use google: "SEARCH KEYWORDS site:lists.digium.com"

> The 'wiki' seems broken.
It's working fine from here

>   I want to connect to a single home POTS from an internet connection.
> i.e. I want to be able to make telephone calls on my home POTS
> from anywhere that I can obtain an internet connection with
> a device with a microphone and a speaker. e.g. My laptop and a
> headphone with boom microphone.  Does 'Asterisk' do this?
> Should I look elsewhere for this task?

It's a bit overkill, but it can certainly do it!

>   If this is answered in the list archive, please respond with the
> URL of the list archive.

As this is the premise of (*), being a software PABX, the entire list is
*full* of posts on this topic...

You might want to search for Asterisk @ Home (aka AAH, A at H) though...

> Best regards,
> Chuck

PS: Please do not reply to an existing email to start a new thread,
neither with or without changing subjects, etc. It really screws up
threaded email clients. I had to page back all the way to my first email
to find your question, as it was sorted under *my* welcome email... (I
only did it because it showed 1 unread email, and I do not like unread
emails hanging around. Usually I have less time and just click 'mark all
read' when this happens, and I know there are many more. Also your mail
would have never come up if I had the thread marked for deletion... So
it's not only courteous, it's also good sense! <G>)

Just click new and send to Asterisk-Users at lists.digium.com... Cleaner,
easier and it doesn't screw up threading in mailclients... (You can add
the list to your address book too!)

Good luck!

--
Francesco Peeters