[Asterisk-Users] Re: Most desireable Linux distribution for Asterisk?

asterisk asterisk at gothambus.com
Mon Sep 19 16:41:40 MST 2005

Thanks to all that responded.

Having been biased toward FreeBSD for the last 8 years or so, we're not
really tied by tradition to any particular Linux distro.  We have customer
co-lo servers in our datacenter running pretty much all the major
distributions, and none really seems to stand out in terms of performance
and reliability.  Its all quite reliable so it stands to reason that
personal preference and familiarity is usually the deciding factor.

Slackware was the very first *nix I ever loaded onto a PC about 10 years
ago.  Maybe its time to give it another spin!  :-)

 - D