[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P Dialing Out - "Cannot be completed as dialed"

Barry King barry at kingcomputersolutions.com
Mon Sep 19 14:30:33 MST 2005

"w" doesn't seem to make a difference, though I'm also guessing that a
lack of dialtone detection is causing my troubles.  I'm not sure how I'm
going to listen in, either.  The only thing I can think of is making
myself a "lineman's handset" out of an old phone and plugging into the
phone box outside.  I'm worried that plugging the FXO jack into the
ComDial system would fry something, and that's the only other way I can
think of to listen in, aside from maybe running the line through a fax
machine.

Unless there's some software that does it.

On the dialtone detection end of things,
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=NVLineDetect
does seem to be available, but that would require me modifying emailing
the guy and either going with cvs or modifying the gentoo ebuild I'm
using (bleh).

What is NANP?

Cheers,

Barry King