[Asterisk-Users] HW Question (TDM400)

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 19 02:30:46 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 14:27 +1000, rudolfl at optusnet.com.au wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> Did anyone tried TDM400 card on old main board (Intel 440LX chipset -- PII)? The reason I am asking is because TDM400 needs PCI2.2 and main board is PCI2.1
> I do not want to upgrade yet.

Since Digium is so clear about using a mainboard with PCI 2.2 I think
you already know that bad/weird/unexpected/unexplainable things can
happen when using the card in a PCI 2.1 board. Basically YMMV. If it
works for you the better, if not you know why. I use an old Asus P2B-LS
(PCI 2.1) board with a PII-400 and an Eicon Diva Server card as an
Asterisk server and it works fine.

Regards,
Patrick