[Asterisk-Users] AstriCon 2006 Location

Steven Sokol steven.sokol at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 19:26:34 MST 2005

On 9/17/05, Reid Forrest <rforrest at maxisnetworks.com> wrote:

> > Matthew Simpson wrote:
> > > Atlanta is hub for Delta and Airtran
> > >
> > > Dallas is hub for American
> > >
> > > Chicago is hub for ATA
> > >
> > > All good central locations with cheap non stop flights.
> >
> > Atlanta is central for who?  With all of the tornados, hurricanes, etc.
> > I would definately vote no for there.  Dallas and Chicago are both good.
> >

> How about Orlando? Plenty to do here, and no lack of flights!

My only hesitation would be the chance of hurricanes this time of
year.  What with the events of last year and now Katrina...   Perhaps
if we held it in November when the chance of storms drops off.

Actually, my wife's company holds several events each year in Orlando
and the turn-out is always great -- people love getting a bit of
vacation with their business travel.  (An Universal's Islands of
Adventure is just plain awesome!).

-S
--
Steven Sokol