[Asterisk-Users] asterisk mixing sound card with anybody?

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Fri Sep 16 12:38:50 MST 2005

I am trying to get asterisk to MIX micely with alsa or oss.

Anybody doing that? if so can you share with me how you did it.

----
When I set modules.conf to load alsa and noload oss asterisk
starts and binds the sound port. nothing else will play.
If I stop asterisk other things play.

If I put a file /etc/asound.conf asterisk doesnt like it (tried a couple
ones)
and will not use the sound port at all. This same config file allows other
applications to mix nicely like mplayer and aplay at the same time.

I dont want to have to stop asterisk to play a mplayer file or an aplay
file.

I then tried noload on alsa and load on oss. Pretty much with the same
results.
Can get anything else to play if asterisk is playing..

You help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry