[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom randomly fails outbound calls,

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Fri Sep 16 11:49:20 MST 2005

Hi Andres -

> I am not using A at H, it didn't work well for me, I just using AMP
> over asterisk, and yes, sip are 100% tweakable,
> how do you configure your system, all by hand?

Yeah, by hand.  When I first started doing this there was no such
thing as AMP.  Plus, I've got some wacky dialplan stuff that probably
wouldn't work out too well with AMP.

>> Well, the two weird things I see here are the type setting and
>> the  host.  Type is set to peer, but there doesn't seem to be a
>> corresponding user definition (AFAIK, all peers have to have
>> users).   You might try changing it to "type=friend" instead (like
>> 201).
>
> I did it, it was set to peer just because I red somewhere that
> Polys didn't like friend type,
>

>> For the host setting, this is the address of the sip device, and
>> not  the asterisk server.  If you have the Polycom set to a static
>> address  of 192.168.1.18, all is well.  If your Polycom is set to
>> DHCP (this  is the default), you should use "host=dynamic"
>
> it's fixed to 18

Well, if you've got all this stuff and the phones still aren't
working, I'd say there's either something funny going on with AMP or
Asterisk.  I would try new/different versions of both.  The rest of
your configs look good to me.  Maybe somebody else can spot an
inconsistency?

Just to cover all the bases, have you tried configuring the Polycom
without AMP?

- Noah