[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom randomly fails outbound calls,

Andres Paglayan andres at paglayan.com
Fri Sep 16 11:26:40 MST 2005

Noah Miller wrote:

> Hi Andres -
> The two that we have are just used as lobby phones.  They're good
> little phones, but if you have the money, I'd definitely recommend
> the IP501 instead.  The screen is MUCH better, and having full
> speakerphone is great!  Plus the 500/501 just feels a little more solid.

Yeah, I think it was a wrong move going for the 301 instead,

> Hmm.  I'm not sure either.  I've never used AMP before (except for a
> quick glance at asterisk at home).  If you can change the sip settings,
> I don't think it should matter.

I am not using A at H, it didn't work well for me, I just using AMP over
asterisk, and yes, sip are 100% tweakable,
how do you configure your system, all by hand?

> Well, the two weird things I see here are the type setting and the
> host.  Type is set to peer, but there doesn't seem to be a
> corresponding user definition (AFAIK, all peers have to have users).
> You might try changing it to "type=friend" instead (like 201).

I did it, it was set to peer just because I red somewhere that Polys
didn't like friend type,

> For the host setting, this is the address of the sip device, and not
> the asterisk server.  If you have the Polycom set to a static address
> of 192.168.1.18, all is well.  If your Polycom is set to DHCP (this
> is the default), you should use "host=dynamic"

it's fixed to 18

> A couple of things that I know you don't need:
> nat=never
> qualify=no

I took them off too, I got them from the only "how to" I found about amp
and the polycom,

> - Noah

Thanks ,
I hope I can help you same day,