[Asterisk-Users] 7 digit dialing to e.164 format

Matt Schulte mschulte at netlogic.net
Fri Sep 16 05:45:49 MST 2005

All, I've asked this once a long time ago and got a vague response, any
suggestions? I'm wanting to convert for example a 7 digit extension
(whether it be via dialplan or agi) to e.164. This is for the sake of
getting everything outbound into e164 format. The issue I see you will
need to append the areacode of the calling party to the 7 digits, from
there adding a +1 is of course easy. example:

Customer dials 5610680, his callerid (from) is +16364424591.. I want to
take the 636 and add it to the 561 number so the result would be
6365610680 .. Any thoughts? I've been looking at the internal ast
commands with no luck. I'm sure people have run into this before, it
would be nice to add a ${e164_fromNPA} variable!!! ;-)

	Matt