[Asterisk-Users] How to suppress Local/Zombie channels?

Anton Kostanjsek anko at webde-ag.de
Fri Sep 16 02:15:41 MST 2005

hi,

can anyone please tell me under which circumstances asterisk creates Local/Zombie channels and how to suppress this? It only seems to happen when a user calls himself, but I can't reproduce this in our testsystem and it only happens occasionally. All we do in the extensions.conf is send the incoming sip call control out to a FastAGI server, which does the actual Dial command. We don't consciously create any Local channels, its definitely asterisk who decides that theres a need for it ...

Any help appreciated,
thanks a lot,
Tony