[Asterisk-Users] Call Forward - 7940 Asterisk - Help

Stefan Gofferje stefan at gofferje.homelinux.org
Fri Sep 16 03:57:48 MST 2005

c waddy schrieb:
> I am looking for a simple way to forward calls unconditionally with
> Asterisk.
>
> We are running an Asterisk system with 10 extensions using SIP. One of
> our users leaves the office regulary, when she is out, she needs to be
> able to forward unconditionally to her mobile or collegue.
>
> I am trying to keep it as simple as possible, we use Cisco 7940's, they
> have a call forward option, when she uses it, "all" our incoming calls
> go to her mobile? Not just the calls to her extension.
>
> My Question: Does Call Forward on the Cisco Phones and Asterisk work? If
> so do I need to implement something into the dial plan.
>
> I have read on the
> wiki: http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20call%20forwarding
>
> Is there an updated way to do this? I thought *21* was hard coded into
> Asterisk?
>
> If the Cisco phones wont work, i would like her to simply dial
> *21*<mobile number>#, any suggestions on this?

AFAIK, the CFWDALL option of the SIP fw send a "temporarily moved"
message back to the caller with the "new" address to call. This can fail
for a lot of reasons.
I would recommend using 7940s with the native Skinny firmware and
chan_sccp by Sergio Chersovani. Chan_sccp not only supports call
forwarding but a lot more and only with the Skinny image, you can use
all the features, the phone have.
You can read a bit more at http://chan-sccp.org/

Regards,
Stefan

--
  (o_   Stefan Gofferje            | SCLT, MCP
  //\   Reg'd Linux User #247167   | VCP #2263