[Asterisk-Users] Echo on SPA-3000 FXO

Paul Dugas paul at dugas.cc
Thu Sep 15 18:54:52 MST 2005

On Wed, September 14, 2005 2:42 pm, Paul Dugas wrote:
> After rebooting the SPA-3000, the internal users of calls routed through
> the FXO interface hear pretty bad echo.  This persists for days, maybe
> more than a week.  At some point, the echo goes away.  I've noticed that,
> when the echo is gone, I hear a rapid series of light clicks on the line
> when placing a call; after dialing and before the remote end starts
> ringing.  When the *is* echo, I'm not hearing the clicks.

Per a suggestion, I swapped out the offending unit with a brand-new unit
that came running 2.0.13(GWa) firmware.  It's worked fine for the few test
calls I just made.  Will leave that in place for a couple days and see.

If it stays working, I'll want to downgrade the firmware in the original
unit.  Is it safe to downgrade them?

Thanks for all the suggestions,

Paul

--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer           Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas.cc     phone: 404-932-1355   522 Black Canyon Park