[Asterisk-Users] ZyXEL P662HW / SIP / Crashing

asterisk-users asterisk-users at solutios.com
Thu Sep 15 18:04:35 MST 2005

Has anyone experiences this please: -

We were running a number of ZyXEL P662HW-61 routers at our sites and all
traffic was being sent over IP-SEC VPN's between devices.

When we moved to a new architecture, we got rid of the VPN links so that
the SIP traffic was running directly through the routers.  Each site
uses Snom 360 devices with the latest firmware (v4).

Ever since we did this, the routers have been crashing at least 5 times
per day.  They appear to carry out a full cold start each time (as
though they are having a kernel panic).  The ISP is Nildram in the UK,
but we have also experienced this a few times with another router in
France on a France Telecom system.

As soon as we route the SIP traffic via another router, stability
returns to the network.  Our supplier has been very helpful and we have
tested every release of the firmware from the last 8 months, but they
all behave the same once SIP is being transmitted.

The routers are running with their most basic configuration now, but
this doesn't appear to make any difference.

Does this sound familiar to anyone please?  We are out our wits end and
our supplier has no ideas (and neither do ZyXEL it would appear).

For reference, all traffic is being sent through using G.729, but I
don't think that this makes any difference.

Many thanks

John