[Asterisk-Users] Re: ${DIALSTATUS} problems

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 02:43:02 MST 2005

In article <9e7e0d8a05091502286deb19cc at mail.gmail.com>,
Mark Edwards <mark.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm dialling two numbers - one that's unobtainable, one that's busy.
>
> ${DIALSTATUS} is coming back ANSWER each time right before the channels hang
> up.
>
> [...]
>
> ITSP is terminating outbound calls to me via IAX2.

Aha, that's interesting! I recently noticed exactly the same with my
IAX provider in the UK. If I try to call a PSTN number that is busy,
I do not get BUSY status passed back via IAX; instead, the call is
answered, and then in-band congestion tones are played. This is pretty
useless of course, for CTI reporting of call failures.

I raised a ticket with them, and they say they can reproduce the fault
but haven't yet managed to fix it.

I wonder if it is a bug in more recent versions of Asterisk?

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield