[Asterisk-Users] ${DIALSTATUS} problems

Mark Edwards mark.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 02:28:59 MST 2005

Hi.

I'm dialling two numbers - one that's unobtainable, one that's busy.

${DIALSTATUS} is coming back ANSWER each time right before the channels hang
up.

Am using the following dialplan macro to dial out.

[macro-advdial]
exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG1},20,g) ; Ring the interface, 20 seconds maximum
exten => s,2,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1) ; Jump based on status
(NOANSWER,BUSY,CHANUNAVAIL ,CONGESTION,ANSWER)
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,1,NoOp("CHANUNAVAIL")
exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,2,UserEvent(ChannelUnavailable|Account:
${ACCOUNTCODE}^${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => s-CONGESTION,1,NoOp("CONGESTION")
exten => s-CONGESTION,2,UserEvent(Congestion|Account:
${ACCOUNTCODE}^${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => s-ANSWER,1,NoOp("ANSWER")
exten => s-ANSWER,2,UserEvent(Answer|Account: ${ACCOUNTCODE}^${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => s-BUSY,1,NoOp("BUSY")
exten => s-BUSY,2,UserEvent(Busy|Account: ${ACCOUNTCODE}^${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => s-NOANSWER,1,NoOp("NOANSWER")
exten => s-NOANSWER,2,UserEvent(NoAnswer|Account:
${ACCOUNTCODE}^${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => _s-.,1,Goto(s-NOANSWER,1) ; Treat anything else as no answer

Outbound calls are made using Manager originate interface from a meetme room
channel Local/4000/n where 4000 is an extension which accesses the meetme
room.

ITSP is terminating outbound calls to me via IAX2.

I need to be able to see the CAUSE CODE status of the call if it is
answered, CONGESTED or BUSY.

my ITSP is in Australia - as am I.

the IAX2 debug clearly indicates a zero CAUSE CODE on most call cases.

Any idea what I might be able to do to make the CAUSE CODE a little more
meaningful?

Also, does ${DIALSTATUS} or ${HANGUPCAUSE} work better on PRI?

Cheers,

Mark.

--
regards,