[Asterisk-Users] pri release cause code mismatch

Tirpák Miklós mtirpak at sztaki.hu
Thu Sep 15 00:01:32 MST 2005

Hi!

On 09/14/05 16:51, Johann Steinwendtner wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Asterisk sends a RELASE COMPLETE with cause code 34. It seems that
> Nortel expects a RELEASE message in this state. The conversion
> is done in the protocol engine of the MSDL.
> Why would you want the cause code 34 to be sent ? Do you need a
> special rerouting on the Nortel side ?

Yes. 34 is required by the Nortel to send the call to an alternative destination.

> Would it be a help if you send a cause 3 ? (RELASE msg)

No, I have already tried with PRI_CAUSE=3: Nortel just playes a tone instead of
rerouting. It seems to be a DISCONNECT, not RELEASE:

 > Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8)  len=9
 > Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 64522/0xFC0A) (Terminator)
 > Message type: DISCONNECT (69)
 > [08 02 81 83]
 > Cause (len= 4) [ Ext: 1  Coding: CCITT (ITU) standard (0) 0: 0   Location:
Private network serving the local user (1)
 >                  Ext: 1  Cause: No route to destination (3), class = Normal
Event (0) ]
     -- Hungup 'Zap/31-1'

Thanks,
Miklos