[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.0.9 long term stability<--threadhijack, why not reboot?

William Boehlke william.boehlke at signate.com
Wed Sep 14 18:08:37 MST 2005

Of course analog PBXs did not require reboots. On the other hand, my Call
Manager PBX had to be rebooted weekly. Windows, you know.

When a Asterisk-based "PBX" is built from two or more servers, each of which
has capacity to handle the load, a periodic reboot of one of the servers
does not have an impact on uptime. That's just good design, in my opinion.