[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk 1.0.9 long term stability

canuck15 canuck15 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 14 12:32:12 MST 2005

As
> I have said before, a lot of these issues can be resolved
> before they happen simply by not using random hardware and
> random distro, and to that end, it might serve Digium well to
> have a posted HCL and / or sell a certified barebones box and
> certify Asterisk on a specific RedHat and / or Debian, and if
> you use anything else, well, tough.
>
> I, myself, would prefer to buy this cerified solution instead
> of sweating through a from-scratch config and crossing your
> fingers and hoping it is stable. I'm sure a lot of other guys
> on this list would jump on it as well.

Digium does sell a certified solution with the Asterisk Business Edition.
It is a Dell PowerEdge 2850.  It is quite a bit more spendy/powerful than is
necessary for a lot of applications though.  This highlights the need for
some more formal way of testing or certifying hardware by the community as a
whole.