[Asterisk-Users] Zyxel Prestige 2000W Firmware - GOOD!

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Wed Sep 14 09:30:36 MST 2005

I would recommend it for tech-savvy people right now.  It's a bit klunky
in the interface, but the phone functions (dial, receive, cid) work
great and the sound is clear in both directions.  the setup through the
phone interface is a little repetitive and slow (albeit probably great
for avid thumb-typers used to cellphones these days), and the web
interface didn't have enough functions to allow complete setup.

To give a feel for what I mean by 'klunky', it's just poor programming
in the firmware.  Change the ringer melody, volume, or style (ring or
vibrate) and expect the phone to reboot all the way to use the new
settings.  I don't think there are actually _any_ settings you can
change on the phone that _don't_ reboot it completely before taking effect.

Oh yeah, this is the V2 model, came with (what, globug? gloworm?
glopoint?) some proprietary firmware installed that wouldn't allow you
to use your own sip server.  I went to the manufacturer's web site,
zyxel.com, and had no problems finding a firmware that alleviated the
propriety.  I believe it was the wj0011 that Rod mentions below; they
seem to have a wv0001 now. Not sure if Rod had a V2 or the original model.

Mojo

Paul Hales wrote:
> I suppose the question is now whether you would recommend buying one....
>
> later,
>
> PaulH

Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>
Office Manger, Horan & Company, LLC