[Asterisk-Users] PRI echo

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Tue Sep 13 09:18:32 MST 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 08:48:31PM -0600, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> > Upgrade! Upgrade! Upgrade!  At the very least, upgrade to
> > the last 1.0.x.  Even better would be to use the CVS-HEAD
> > or the latest 1.2beta release of libpri, zaptel, and asterisk.
> >
> > There are new features that help TREMENDOUSLY with echo.  Try
> > the new echo canceller out (KB1, recently made default).  Your
> > bugs will probably go away, and your echo problems will likely
> > (at the very least) be improved.
>
> Is there any reason that you shouldn't run 1.2 beta of libpri and
> 1.0.9 of asterisk.  I'm at a place where we can't risk upgrading
> asterisk right now but would love better echo cancellation on our PRI.
>  Would it even make a difference or are the bulk of improvements in
> asterisk itself?

As a general principle, you should not mix and match versions like this.
For this specific circumstance, you MIGHT be able to use zaptel from
head, IIRC., but I personally don't recommend it.  libpri from head will
DEFINITELY not work with 1.0.x asterisk.  Many things have changed since
then.  Just try upgrading.  I think a lot of people are set in the mold
that the 1.0.x releases are more stable than the 1.2.x coming release
branch.  Feature wise, it probably is, but I feel (at least about libpri
and zaptel related issues) that 1.2.x/HEAD is by far more stable and reliable
than 1.0.x.

--
Matthew Fredrickson