[Asterisk-Users] PRI echo

Gabriel Gunderson ggundy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 19:48:31 MST 2005

On 9/12/05, Matt Fredrickson <creslin at digium.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 12:51:21AM -0700, Jason Kim wrote:
> > My configuration is pri----*(te405p)---iaxclient.
> > My * version is 1.0.7 running on tyan dual opteron
> > board.
> > I have several problems.
>
> Upgrade! Upgrade! Upgrade!  At the very least, upgrade to
> the last 1.0.x.  Even better would be to use the CVS-HEAD
> or the latest 1.2beta release of libpri, zaptel, and asterisk.
>
> There are new features that help TREMENDOUSLY with echo.  Try
> the new echo canceller out (KB1, recently made default).  Your
> bugs will probably go away, and your echo problems will likely
> (at the very least) be improved.

Is there any reason that you shouldn't run 1.2 beta of libpri and
1.0.9 of asterisk.  I'm at a place where we can't risk upgrading
asterisk right now but would love better echo cancellation on our PRI.
 Would it even make a difference or are the bulk of improvements in
asterisk itself?

Thanks,
Gabe

--