[Asterisk-Users] CallerID Name in dialplan

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Mon Sep 12 16:16:31 MST 2005

 If what you are asking is that the phone you are calling from displays
'Voice Mail' when ext 1000 is dialed then that is a function of the
phone NOT of asterisk. Setting callerID would ONLY be displayed on a
phone that is ringing!!!

On the Cisco IP phones I set the messages_url to 'voicemail' and in the
extensions.conf file I add:

Exten => voicemail,1,Goto({whatever my VM extension is}}

Hope this helps,,

What phone are you using???

Alex