[Asterisk-Users] Debian Sarge, Kernel 2.6.13 and AVM Fritz!PCI v2.0 card

Rainer Maier RaMaier at gmx.de
Mon Sep 12 13:51:03 MST 2005

Hi Tzafrir,
ok its probably not the best solution, but it worked and the link was set to
enable the ./std2kern to patch the kernel. But I will keep your comment in
mind for the next time.

FYI: I installed asterisk with just the normal apt-get install asterisk.
I then took a capi.conf from somewhere in the net because I just started
with asterisk. Actually I think I commented out everything again but maybe
it is the source of the problem.

;
; CAPI config
;
;
[general]
nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00
rxgain=0.8
txgain=0.8

[interfaces]

msn=50
incomingmsn=*
controller=1
softdtmf=1
accountcode=
context=default
;context=demo
;echosquelch=1
echocancel=no
;echocancel=yes
;echotail=64
;callgroup=1
;deflect=12345678
devices=2

;PointToPoint (55512-0)
;for outgoing calls use example 5551212
;and in dialplan you can use callerid like
;exten => _0XXX.,1,StripMSD,1
;exten => _XXX.,2,Dial,CAPI/55512${CALLERIDNUM}:bBYEXTENSION
;============================================================
;mode=immediate
;isdnmode=ptp
;msn=55512
;controller=2
;devices=30

Here is the exact error message:

 [chan_capi.so] => (Common ISDN API for Asterisk)
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/capi.conf': Found
Sep 12 22:33:00 NOTICE[4235]: chan_capi.c:2640 load_module: CAPI not
installed!
Sep 12 22:33:00 WARNING[4235]: loader.c:345 ast_load_resource: chan_capi.so:
load_module failed, returning -1
Sep 12 22:33:00 WARNING[4235]: chan_capi.c:2816 unload_module: Unable to
unregister from CAPI!
  == Unregistered channel type 'CAPI'
Sep 12 22:33:00 WARNING[4235]: loader.c:440 load_modules: Loading module
chan_capi.so failed!

Rainer Maier