[Asterisk-Users] Skype purchased by Ebay 2.6 Billion

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Mon Sep 12 13:26:34 MST 2005

> Skype will utilise PayPal for all payment systems.

What prevents Skype users using PayPal even without Ebay?

> Ebay doesn't have lots of users in territories that Skype does (Nordic
and South America for one).

Ebay is not interested in those territories anyway as they don't operate
Paypal in South America and even if someone wants to buy stuff there,
there is no way they can pay nor ship goods from US to Argentina.

>There'll be increased integration with Ebay and Skype for certain Ebay
sites.

There are opensource clients available to integarate, if that was the
reason. Azureus - BitTorrent Client, the most sought after Filesharing
software on Sourceforge that works on Linux could be a good candidate to
add Voice to it and make this a part of greater Ebay Solution.

But I agree that it is good for the Skype founders.

Seshu Kanuri