[Asterisk-Users] Other Voicemail systems

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Mon Sep 12 08:36:51 MST 2005

I found everything I needed to know as comments in the config files.
First test I did was to setup a few boxes for friends and family to make
outbound calls. They love it. They can place a call from cell phone and
the outgoing caller ID is what they want the caller to see. I also like
using it to make some international calls from wireless phones and land
lines. I call in using local or tollfree DID and save up to 30c a minute
in some cases. I also have contract techs in other states who use
softphones that are extensions of my * pbx. When they make calls related
to my business the caller ID is what I want it to be. When vendors and
clients call back they are going through my PBX. If the contractor is no
longer available(he got a day job or a large project), I can reroute the
extension in a minute. Some other system that I would hook asterisk into
might not have all this functionality at a good price.

Consider this post a blatant promo for comedian mail if you wish. I'm
not ashamed to be using it.