[Asterisk-Users] Hotel Setup?

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 05:09:16 MST 2005

 Linksys and Netgear switches now also do private VLANs for far less than
6k. They will not provide the features/functionality/management that your 6k
Catalyst will provide, but it doesn't sound like you're looking for anything
more than making sure traffic from room to room is secure.
  While your approach is technically feasible, it sounds like you're trying
to kill an ant with a large boulder, and I think it would be far simpler and
better supported in the long run to go with a lower end switch that does
support the VLAN functionality you're looking for. Those things do exist
today.