[Asterisk-Users] civil emergency comms: Asterisk + HAM

Don Fanning don at 00100100.net
Sun Sep 11 21:15:28 MST 2005

Try contacting the repeater trustee for
http://www.wa3key.com/blura.html.  They have a picture of one on their
site with it lit up.
You will need to recrystal the radio to a proper TX/RX pair for 70cm.
However, depending on your area, you should contact your local repeater
coordnator so you don't step on anyone's toes (especially the case in
So.Cal ;)

Looks like you can order crystals from:
http://www.icmfg.com/motorola.html.

And there are plenty of links associated with this hardware.  Google is
your friend.

As for interfacing it to *, you'll need a phone patch adapter.  You
could purchase one or build one but you'll need to get more information
on how to do such.
Once you have the repeater up and running, you also need to setup * to
see the phone patch/radio interface as a radio.  This may require a
controller card.  (see the voip-info.org wiki)  And... if you're going
to go that far, consider enrolling into the echoirlp project.  It's a
VoIP oriented repeater link system that uses the internet as it's
conduit.  By Part 97 rule, the system must be protected from unlicensed
use so interfacing with asterisk would require password protection and
you as the repeater owner would be liable for any misuse of the system.

73 de Don