[Asterisk-Users] rotate * log file?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Sep 11 12:08:27 MST 2005

> Rich Adamson wrote:
> > Running fc3 with current cvs-head...
> >
> > Is there a nice way to rotate the /var/log/asterisk/messages file without
> > shutting down asterisk?
> >
> > I'm currently rotating the log files via cron, however my script requires
> > asterisk to be shut down, which also kills any outstanding cli sessions
> > (eg, asterisk -rvvvvv). Would like to rotate the files without killing
> > the cli session. Any reasonable way to accomplish this?
>
> In the Asterisk console type:
>
> logger rotate
>
> Surely this would have come up in a google search.  (You can find google at
> http://www.google.com - it's a search engine)

Ops, my bad; must have been the lack of coffee as I didn't even
attempt the most basic of searches. I actually started digging through
this thinking I had bumped into a problem from yesterday's cvs head
update, but then realized it resulted from our own limited script.
Never gave it a thought that * already had it.

Thanks