[Asterisk-Users] Wait for dialtone

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Sat Sep 10 12:29:10 MST 2005

Rich Adamson wrote:

>>Is it possible after dialling a trunk prefix to wait for dialtone (or wait 2 seconds) before
>>

>continuing to dial the outgoing number ?
>

>>I need to "hunt" for one of several lines, and when one successfully provides dialtone, to continue dialling..
>>

>>A simple NO will do, but if there's a workaround, I have not found it.
>>

>I don't believe there is any dialtone detection support in * today.
>
>You can add a "w" in the dial statement for analog zap ports to insert a delay, but that delay does not involve listening for anything.
>
>Each "w" adds about 1/4 second or so, something like this:
>
>exten => _9XXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/4/ww${EXTEN})

"w" doesn't work either when pulse dial=yes

Someone smarter than I about the source maintains that  some sort of
tone detection is present , but not called.
I would assume from that , that either it WAS at some point and there
was a problem, or they never turned it on and tested it.

One problem would be is the whole world doesn't use precise  350/440
dialtone.

It is curious that really cheap modems have been able to do this now for
years.

John Novack