[Asterisk-Users] Wait for dialtone

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Sep 10 04:21:34 MST 2005

> Is it possible after dialling a trunk prefix to wait for dialtone (or wait 2 seconds) before
continuing to dial the outgoing number ?

> I need to "hunt" for one of several lines, and when one successfully provides dialtone, to
continue dialling..

> A simple NO will do, but if there's a workaround, I have not found it.

I don't believe there is any dialtone detection support in * today.

You can add a "w" in the dial statement for analog zap ports to insert
a delay, but that delay does not involve listening for anything.

Each "w" adds about 1/4 second or so, something like this:

exten => _9XXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/4/ww${EXTEN})