[Asterisk-Users] Fritz, mISDN, Help

John Fawcett johnml at michaweb.net
Sat Sep 10 10:16:07 MST 2005

Konrads Smelkovs wrote:
> Isn't billion a HFC PCI card? see lspci output, if so, use bristuff
> from junghanns.net
> http://www.junghanns.net/en/download.html , i suggest CVS version

thanks, I hadn't thought of using bristuff.

I just followed the indications on the site where I got the Billion
card from which pointed me to chan_misdn. In reality I haven't
had too many problems with chan_misdn. Initially it gave me some
problems with an SMP kernel which does not seem to be supported, but
going back to the default kernel solved that.

The second card is working successfully with chan_misdn, using the
hfcpci module and with both cards in TE mode.

I actually want to use the second card in NT mode but I'm still
experimenting.... so far I've got the cross-over cable but I'll still
need to get the terminating resistances, and hopefully the power of my
DECT ISDN will be sufficient to power the S0 bus without having to get
an NT1 to do it.

John