[Asterisk-Users] Problems with TE205P

Tim Nyce tnyce at idts.org
Sat Sep 10 08:59:14 MST 2005

I've been working with Digium, but hopefully someone on-list has an
idea...

The card will transmit audio to the T1, but everything it receives is
completely unintelligible static (in place of received audio only, not all
the time).

I've verified everything on Digium's troubleshooting checklist and they
were unable to find anything when they logged in. zttest yields 100% for
the most part, with an occasional (< 5%) 99.9877. zttool reports no
missed interrupts. The TE205P is on IRQ 5 and not sharing. Turning on or
off ACPI, APIC, USB, etc. has not helped.

They had me check patlooptest, which failed miserably (literally thousands
of varying comparison errors per second). Now I've received a replacement
card that does the exact same thing.

I've tested in 4 different boxes with the same results. The primary has a
Supermicro P8SCT motherboard with 3.4 GHz P4, 2GB RAM and SCSI drives on
Linux md RAID1. Removing the SCSI controller and using a UDMA IDE drive
didn't help. Other systems I tried were all IDE and either PIII or P4.
Same exact problems.

Maybe I just have bad luck with these cards, but I'd greatly appreciate
any other ideas or suggestions from the list.

Thanks,
Tim