[Asterisk-Users] Motherboard and processor recommendations

canuck15 canuck15 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 9 15:52:50 MST 2005

There is a discussion on the sourceforge AAH forum about starting some sort
of hardware certification project.  It seems that these sorts of hardware
questions come up a lot and I think there is a need for something more
organized than "This is what I am using and it seems to work ok" sort of
information.

Anyone know how something like this can be done?  Maybe a list of tests
people can do and check off then post their results to a database that
matches up hardware?

Sorry for hijacking your post Domjan.  My 2 cents would be to stay away from
very old and very new hardware.  Focus more on the chipset and onboard
peripherals rather than who's name is on the motherboard.  I would consider
Nforce4 very new.  I am not sure about the AMD server chipsets.  As much as
I love AMD on the desktop, there is no denying that Intel server chipsets
are much more tested in Linux and Asterisk environments.  The heat issues
tend to be better handled in Xeon environments as well.