[Asterisk-Users] Motherboard and processor recommendations

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Fri Sep 9 14:40:23 MST 2005

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Domjan Attila wrote:

> Hi,
> I sucked the TE410 in a Siemens dual Xeon machine... lot of irq
> problems, digium support said: try the card in another machine.
> A cheap amd64 + via K8T800 and TE405 works perfectly...

I'm looking for a good, reliable and upgradeable solution too. I don't
care to spend a lot of money if the hardware is reusable. A Dell 2850 is
useless after 3 years, no way to upgrade it. A quality Intel SC5300 for
example is not cheap at all but will last you a lifetime.

But now the difficult task, to find the right mobo. I prefer to go with
an AMD CPU because it is not as power hungry as Intel which only improves
runtime on ups power.

In the category professional mobo's I like the HDAMA from Rioworks which
features an AMD 8111 [HyperTransport I/O Hub] and AMD 8131. [PCI-X
Tunnel]. Has anyone ever tried Digium hardware on this chipset or even
mobo?

Alternatively I'm considering a regular mobo with an nForce3 or nForce4
chipset. Will these work with Digium hardware?

(Looking at the repsonses most people seem to use Intel stuff?)

Recommendations for quality barebones also welcome :)