[Asterisk-Users] Special handling of IAX circuit-busy vs busy

dobrien at trilogy.com dobrien at trilogy.com
Fri Sep 9 14:35:45 MST 2005

Hello, we've had an Asterisk solution working for quite awhile.  Today our
IAX2 carrier started reporting circuit-busy to all calls for approximately
an hour, which is different than a busy condition.  I'm guessing that this
indicates the carrier was having an outage, or was handling too many
concurrent IAX2 calls.

Is there a way to change our dialplan to fail to PSTN in case Dial(*)
reports circuit-busy (but not busy)?  I'd like to send to another part of
extensions.conf, where we'd try Dial(Zap).  We're already using the n+101
extension to handle the busy condition with the Busy() app.

I had a search through the archives, and google, prior to sending this
message and only saw chan_capi references.

Thanks,
Dusty O'Brien
Trilogy
Delivery Manager