[Asterisk-Users] Huge Echo

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Fri Sep 9 10:40:51 MST 2005

> Seriously however, even if i could get some reference signal, how can i tune
> the card apart from changing the rx/tx gain? even with these two down to -6.0
> dB i'm still getting awful lot of echo ... The card is a simple X100P clone.
In my situation, before I found the reference signal, I found that
dropping one of the gains to around -8 did indeed make the echo closer
to inaudible.  But, contrary to what I was expecting, both gains had to
go _up_ when I did the proper testing.  My rx to 2.53 and my tx to 0.25,
to be exact, and the results were better than the -8 I had before.

I am using a tdm card with fxo ports, though.  My x100p clone at home I
haven't had the chance to tune yet, but echo has never been a problem.
I don't know anything about the resistance issues, good luck! Let the
list know if you have any eurekas.

Mojo