[Asterisk-Users] Huge Echo

Marek Zachara marek.zachara at conexe.pl
Fri Sep 9 10:28:09 MST 2005

On Friday 09 of September 2005 19:04, Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC wrote:
> Did you try to get a milliWatt test phone number from your telco?  It
> was really easy for me.  I called the business office and told them that
Well, unfortunately not everyone has similiarly helpful telco providers ;)
To just give you a hint, ten years ago here when you applied for a phone line
you would have to wait about 3-7 YEARS to actually have it installed. Its
improving now, but even now if the line is dead it takes them up to a few
days to repair it ;) try not to laugh :)
I'm pretty sure if i'd call them to ask for a balancing line they would
probably assumed it an abuse ...
Seriously however, even if i could get some reference signal, how can i tune
the card apart from changing the rx/tx gain? even with these two down to -6.0
dB i'm still getting awful lot of echo ... The card is a simple X100P clone.

The only piece i have not yet tampered with is the load the card places
towards the PSTN line. The card's input circuits are all SMD - no
old-fashioned (but good) separation with a transformer :(

I'm thinking about playing around with increasing/decreasing resistance by
placing additional resistors in the circut. Messy, but if it could help...
What do you think?

Marek